Position: Quality Management Specialist Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Production Manager Location: Tulsa, OK
Department: Architectural/Structural Engineering
Responsible for the quality of all A&E drawings and deliverables from the Architectural and Structural Engineering Department.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
1. Quality Control – Review drawings to ensure all required technical and design scoping aspects of the project are met and perform quality reviews of the drafting work performed by CAD designers and technicians.
2. Quality Assurance – Analyze drafting techniques, processes, and standards to ensure that best practices are being followed. Ensure the release of only high quality deliverables.
3. Deliverable Coordination – Communicate with Traffic coordination to trigger delivery upon completing final quality reviews for all projects.
4. Training – Assess training needs through QC/QA processes and provide and/or assist with internal technical trainings to improve drafting techniques and practices.
5. Drafting Support – Provide technical and procedural support to CAD Teams
6. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned
• Technical Skills – Exceptionally skilled in company approved computer drafting platform and drafting techniques
• Detail Orientation – Proven ability to scrutinize details to find quality errors and infer causes
• Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly provide constructive feedback, instruction, and training
• Computer Skills – Adept in the use of personal computer software, including spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and drafting programs
• Decision Making – Adept at making design related decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
• Certificate or Associate Degree in Drafting (required w/o engineering degree)
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Drafting or Engineering required
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a QC or management position required
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the telecommunications industry required
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work requires conformance to tight deadlines, quick project turnaround, fast pace, and occasional overtime.
To apply, complete the B+T Group Job Application and submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.