Position: Senior Accountant Classification: Exempt
Supervisor: Controller Location: Tulsa, OK
Department: Finance and Accounting
Responsible for accurately reflecting the Company’s transactions on the financial statements in a timely manner.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
- General Ledger – Prepare schedules to track and reconcile prepaid and accrued expenses.
- Fixed Asset Accounting – Maintain fixed asset sub-ledgers and calculate depreciation on fixed asset additions.
- Treasury Management – Setup ACH and Wire payments within banking platform, upload and maintain Positive Pay files to ensure payments are released and reconcile bank accounts to cash accounts.
- Cash Flow – Prepare and maintain weekly and monthly cash forecasts.
- Financial Audit – Compile information and prepare information and supporting documentation required in the annual financial audit.
- Special Projects – Conduct finance and accounting projects that require research, analysis, preparation and presentation.
- Month-End Closing – Manage a large portion of the month-end close, prepare journal entries, perform variance analysis of specific general ledger accounts, and reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledger.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Accounting Skills – Ability to analyze financial information and prepare financial statements
- Analytical – Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Multi Task – Ability to manage multiple schedules, budgets and activities simultaneously
- Time Management – Ability to manage time effectively and meet multiple deadlines
- Communication Skills – Proven oral and written communication skills, with professional phone and email etiquette
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, email, database, word processing and presentation software, such as MS Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Minimal Supervision – Ability to operate independently with minimal daily direction from manage
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in Accounting & Finance
- CPA Preferred
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work involves overtime and minimal travel.